The Little Mermaid 2022 | Hindi Dubbed HD Hollywood Movie


The Little Mermaid 2022 | Hindi Dubbed HD Hollywood Movie

The Mermaid (Chinese: 美人鱼) is a Chinese-Hong Kong romantic comedy fantasy film directed, co-written and produced by Stephen Chow. The film tells the story of a playboy businessman (Deng Chao) who falls in love with a mermaid (Lin Yun) sent to assassinate him.

The film was released in China on 8 February 2016 and broke numerous box office records, including biggest opening day and biggest single-day gross through its seventh day of release. The Mermaid had the biggest opening week of all time in China, where it became the ninth-highest-grossing film of all time.

The story was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale of "The Little Mermaid" in which a mermaid loves a human, but Chow wanted to make it a modern interpretation: "I saw great creative space and development potential from the story". In another interview, Chow said: "I'm actually a big fairy-tale fan. All my previous titles can be understood as fairy tales. In the world of fairy tales, the evil are punished and the good see a happy ending. I buy that idea."

Another inspiration comes from Chow's own childhood experiences. "I lived near the sea at a young age and I looked at the sea every day. I was frightened and curious. I was very nervous when I swam in the sea and felt there might be something hidden below. I’ve been fascinated with the (mermaid) story since then, and I felt I could do the film, creating the concept 6 years ago and beginning to write the script four or five years ago."

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post